Like most of the other attendees, I’m still working on an appropriately reflective and link-heavy post about Podcamp Pittsburgh 3. The sessions, the people, the after-party… What I learned, what I want to learn… all these ideas are kinda swimming around in my head trying to grab on to whatever they can find that might be a life raft. The review post is coming. Promise.
In the meantime, join me in one more PCPGH3 Friday 5. This time, rather than posting it to the PCPGH site directly, I want to draw attention to a project born from an impromptu session at Podcamp– OMGPittsburgh. Check out the post there, and leave your response, or your trackback/link to responses in the comments for that post. If you’re feeling particularly froggy, leave it here as well.
So head on over and get crackin’!
Tags: Memes, OMGPittsburgh, PCPGH3
The next few days are going to be full of Podcamp and Social Networking activity. I may or may not have my laptop for the duration of the event, so you can follow the fun on Twitter, watching the live streaming events, or, of course, by showing up and sharing what you know! Here’s the info:
Friday, October 17: Meet-n-Greet!
WHEN: 6 - 8 PM
ADDRESS: 2325 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 (map)
PARKING: Street parking in the area
NOTES: Finger foods and drink available… Meet and schmooze with other PCPGH3 early birds while learning about AlphaLab, Pittsburgh’s newest startup incubator!
Beverages provided by Erie Brewing Co.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Podcamp Pittsburgh 3 - The Main Event!
WHERE: The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
WHEN: Saturday, October 18th and Sunday October 19th
TIME: 9 AM - 4 PM
ADDRESS: 420 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 (map)
PARKING: Street parking in the area
8:30 AM: DOORS OPEN
NOTES: Light breakfast (coffee, juice and muffins / bagels) available. Bottled water provided by Sportsocracy
See the PodCamp Pittsburgh 3 schedule. Add a session you’d like to give, or request one you’d like to attend. This year’s crowd promises to be an exciting group mixed with new and old faces, so drop by! Who knows, you may learn something… At the very least, you’ll meet some great people. Who knows, you may just find yourself on a Softball team before it’s all over. See you there!
Tags: Awesomeness, Bloggers, Don't be lame, New Media, PCPGH3, PGH Podcamp & Bloggers, YinzTeam, You know you want to come
Most of you know that a number of folks round these parts have been participating in the weekly Friday 5. With Podcamp Pittsburgh fast approaching, and the “Podcamp-Mini” Plug-in session taking place this coming Saturday, it seemed like as good a time as any to get people thinking and hyped about the coming social media Unconference! So if you’re planning to attend PCPGH3, in lieu of a traditional Friday 5 this week we encourage you to participate in a Podcamp Pittsburgh themed Friday 5! Since this is our third Podcamp in the Pittsburgh region, we’re only going to make it a Friday 3 in honor of the event! You can find these questions posted here (obviously) as well as on the Podcamp Pittsburgh site all week. Take a crack at it, and make sure to link back to the PCPGH3 site so we know where to send folks to learn more about you!
1. What brought you to Social Media and what keeps you hanging around?
2. Which social networking tool gives you the shakes when it’s not updated or is experiencing down time? (Podcasts, Blogs, Micro-blogging, etc)
3. What kind of insight could you offer to others on a topic at PCPGH3? If none, then what do you most want to hear more about?
Remember: Post your answers on your own blog or in the comments section on the PCPGH3 site on this Friday, September 26th! Don’t forget to link back to your own blog too!
Oh… before I go…
Did you register yet? Get moving!
Tags: Friday 5, New Media, PCPGH3, Podcamp Pittsburgh
First a bit of housekeeping:
- I have a WTF?! Wednesday post that I started for yesterday, but it’s not finished. It will be and I’ll post it late. It’s not a typical rant, so watch for it.
- Next week’s Friday 5 will be a special one in honor of the upcoming Podcamp Pittsburgh 3 (I’ll post the questions here and on the PCPGH3 site). Make sure you check the site, and if you’re attending, make sure you link back to the PCPGH3 page with your responses!
- After what seems like an entire Age of Man, a new piece is up over at Lyrique Tragedy Reviews about the suicide of David Foster Wallace. There are a few reviews and other articles on the way there soon, so keep an eye out.
- Last week’s homework is due! (Of course I want you to turn it in even if it’s late… but no one likes late assignment turner-inners… Plus… there are points at stake… you didn’t know that did you… muhahaha!)
And now for this week’s homework challenge! Admittedly, y’all have done an amazing job with finding the folks in these images in your own version of their world. Some have been remarkably dark, others touching, and I’ve even seen a few responses that drew a chuckle or two. But don’t think this is going to be easy forever! I want you to exercise those creative muscles! Get those Muses off of their respective couches and working again! So I offer you the following:
Along with your regular responses to who this is and what is going on in the picture, be sure to address two things: 1) Is he/she coming back? and 2) Associate a song/audio with this image in some way. In other words, create the soundtrack for this moment.
With such a musically diverse group, I’m eager to see where you take this one! You have one week!
Tags: Homework, Lyrique Tragedy Reviews, PCPGH3