Posts Tagged ‘Awesomeness’
Look, I’d looovveee to post something today — actually, I’d love to post my reviews of Marvel Divas #1 and now #2, but I have already wrote and rewrote my review for #1, and the more I think about it after reading #2, I should have just posted what I originally wrote because #2 was, by far, more offensive than #1…
….but whatever. I’ll calm down and give you some things I stumbled across while getting lost today in an endless web of click-throughs. Go read them. I promise you, you won’t be disappointed. I really did have to catch myself laughing at my desk!
“Do not pass Go…” (Yeah, I’m totally snaking this format from Jenny at Blogess, too. I’ve seen lots of episodic linking to awesomeness, but I like this way of doing it the best, so thank you Jenny!)
(…. also, I should probably warn you that some of these links may contain material or off color humor that may/may not be funny to you. I have a dark sense of humor, so if you know me you’ll immediately understand why I love these sites. If not, then email me and we’ll talk about why you’re not as awesome as I thought….)
- The Blogess — She’s fighting with William Shatner. Yes. THE William Shatner. And she’s hilarious. What’s worse is I have totally had interactions and thoughts like those she posts. Still deciding if that’s all together bad. :) (My Favorite Post)
- Literally, Genevieve Clare — I can’t help but giggle at her conversations sprinkled throughout the blog. I adore her writing. (My Two Favorite Posts)
- The “blog” of “unnecessary” quotation marks – I hope I don’t have to explain.
- Don’tEvenReply.com: Emails from an Asshole — I’m not kidding… I really did spit coffee when reading some of these exchanges.
- King of Crayons — Oh, my goodness… what one person can to with crayons, images, and coloring book pages is almost too much to handle.
- Novica — Handbags made by artists all over the world. Wait… there’s actually a LOT of different stuff made by these incredible artisans across the globe! Ones you likely would never find if you choose to shop in department stores only (and why would you, Really?). Artists who have a story, and Novica is bringing the sculptures, handbags, furniture, home decor, apparel, and jewelery to your living room. Oh yeah, it’s also in partnership with National Geographic…. so, it’s doubly cool.
- Forgotten Bookmarks — Before my final two years of undergrad, I used to hate getting used books that had writing in them. Somewhere that changed and books became the epitome of communication in a secret location of marginalia and cover notes. This site doesn’t do that. It highlights the book marks people left behind in used books. The writer in me can’t stay on that site too long or the histories between those book marks, the books, and previous owners that my mind cooks up overwhelm my need to write and I’ll end up holed up in a cabin somewhere for a year if I don’t be careful…
- Save The Words — Adopt a word to use as often as possible so it doesn’t fade from use. Keep the words alive! I love this!! I’d love to adopt more than one, but honestly, I don’t think I’m that responsible….
So go check those out, and if you have any links you think I’d like send them to me! Better yet, connect with me on Google and I’ll follow you!
…. that sounded creepy….
Oh….~*eyes shift*~ P.S.: He’s just getting things off the ground over there, and there’s another project in the works that promises to be a lot of fun, but you might want to go get on board with BunjaJumping early… If our car rides home are any indication of what is to come on that blog, you’re in for quite a ride!
(Oh, he knows I love him… don’t look at me like that!)
The next few days are going to be full of Podcamp and Social Networking activity. I may or may not have my laptop for the duration of the event, so you can follow the fun on Twitter, watching the live streaming events, or, of course, by showing up and sharing what you know! Here’s the info:
Friday, October 17: Meet-n-Greet!
WHEN: 6 - 8 PM
ADDRESS: 2325 East Carson Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15203 (map)
PARKING: Street parking in the area
NOTES: Finger foods and drink available… Meet and schmooze with other PCPGH3 early birds while learning about AlphaLab, Pittsburgh’s newest startup incubator!
Beverages provided by Erie Brewing Co.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Podcamp Pittsburgh 3 - The Main Event!
WHERE: The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
WHEN: Saturday, October 18th and Sunday October 19th
TIME: 9 AM - 4 PM
ADDRESS: 420 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 (map)
PARKING: Street parking in the area
8:30 AM: DOORS OPEN
NOTES: Light breakfast (coffee, juice and muffins / bagels) available. Bottled water provided by Sportsocracy
See the PodCamp Pittsburgh 3 schedule. Add a session you’d like to give, or request one you’d like to attend. This year’s crowd promises to be an exciting group mixed with new and old faces, so drop by! Who knows, you may learn something… At the very least, you’ll meet some great people. Who knows, you may just find yourself on a Softball team before it’s all over. See you there!